After a nine-year, the first episode of season 8 of the poker show High Stakes Poker was released on December 16. At one time, it was a cult show that attracted millions of players around the world to the game. Contributors to the first edition included famous personalities and professional poker players:
– Bryn Kenny, a professional player from the U.S. who ranks first in career prize money ($56 million).
– Rick Salomon is an American producer and poker player. He is known for winning $2.8 million in poker from a Saudi prince, but he never got his money.
– Nick Petrangelo is a strong professional with $17.5M in career prize money
– Michael Schwimmer – former baseball player
– Brandon Steven – businessman, poker player
– Tom Dwan is one of the most famous players.
A teaser of the first episode, in which Dwan loses a large pot of $149K to amateur Michael Schwimmer, has been posted online. The second episode of High Stakes Poker will be available Dec. 23. PokerGO, a poker media resource, bought the exclusive rights to the show.